FLU CLINICS 2020: All patients eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination will receive an invitation either by text message or letter. Please do not call to book until you have received your invitation. If you believe you are eligible/at-risk and have not received an invitation by 30th September 2020, please send us a message.
If you have received an invitation for a flu vaccination and wish to book an appointment, please call our designated Flu Line on 01635 248251 option 5 after 11am Mon-Fri. To ensure that effective social distancing can take place, clinics will be held at Chieveley Surgery only. Please note that due to time constraints and for safety reasons, we cannot offer flu vaccinations outside of the below remaining dates/times.
65+ years – Saturday 24th October, Saturday 28th November, Saturday 5th December
18-64 years (NHS eligible only) – Saturday 24th October, Saturday 28th November, Saturday 5th December
50-64 years (not otherwise NHS eligible) – TBC (Nov/Dec 2020)*
Children (School Year Recp – Year 7) – Vaccination organised by school unless NHS eligible
Children School Year 8 – age 17 (NHS eligible only) – Saturday 24th October, Friday 30th October, Friday 20th November, Tuesday 2nd December
* Patients in this group are being asked by letter or text to indicate interest in being placed on a list for this vaccine, or to decline. Once prompted, please respond ASAP. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN YOUR TEXT OR LETTER – PLEASE DO NOT CALL US WITH THIS INFORMATION. We need this information to ensure we can obtain sufficient vaccine from the very limited supply available to us. Please note that this does not guarantee an appointment at this stage. If you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Our teams are working hard to ensure that this year’s flu clinics can be carried out in the safest and most efficient way possible. The safety of patients and staff is our priority. Please note the following important information:
- Please DO NOT attend if you are unwell, displaying any symptoms of coronavirus, and/or have had recent contact with anyone with confirmed coronavirus.
- All clinics are by appointment only. If you arrive at the practice without an appointment, you will be asked to leave and contact our Monday – Friday team to book.
- Please wear a face covering. If you do not have a face mask, you can use a scarf or similar item to cover your nose and mouth. Please note that due to PPE shortages, we are unable to supply face masks on arrival.
- Entry to the practice is subject to a routine non-invasive temperature check.
- Please arrive promptly at your appointment time. If you arrive more than 5 minutes early, you will be asked to wait outside until at least 5 minutes before your appointment time. If you arrive late, you may be asked to re-book your appointment. If you are required to queue, please respect social distancing and stay 2m apart.
- Parking at the practice is limited. If you can, please arrive on foot.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Our teams continue to work extremely hard to ensure that the thousands of our patients requiring flu vaccinations are vaccinated in the safest, most efficient way possible. Had a positive experience at the practice recently? Please join our other patients in leaving feedback on NHS Choices.